Thursday, July 24, 2008

i'm hangin my food from a tree from now on

So there i am, sittin on my porch with Wifington, eating some steak, minding my own business, when 2 cars slam on their brakes on Rt.46  right in front of my house.  They immediately reverse and start coming up my driveway. . . very slowly.   I stand up to analyze the shadiness, and what comes walking up ahead of them!?!?!?!?  a bear.   I mean, A BEAR!!!!  This thing was a monster.  I'm talking - up to my chest - big.  Up to my chest while he (she?) was on all fours big.  I almost pooped myself.  
He looked up at us, i was certain he was gonna smell the delicious meal i grilled up, but he kept on walking right up the driveway toward Russling Rd.

I ran back in and through the house and opened the other door that faces Russling.  This friggin monster was 10 feet away from me in the yard.  Luckily i had no shirt on, because i think he feared for his life and decided to turn away and disappear into the neighbor's woods.

It was definitely the biggest bear i've seen in person, especially in the wild.  I'm definitely glad to have had the experience, but it does make me a little nervous having young kids and all - ie: I'm not sure Caleb and Noah could intimidate him as easily as i did ;) 

No comments: